Lead Brewer (£24-27kpa)
Our Lead Brewer will possess 1-2 Years working in a brewery and ideally possess a brewing qualification. They will use their expertise in the crafting of our range of gut friendly kombucha ranges and living sodas as well as helping develop our new lines. The Lead Brewer, along with our Head Brewer, will be responsible for ensuring work around the brewery is completed safely, efficiently and to the highest quality standards
Additionally, the Lead Brewer will be heading up our new Diecast project, leading the production of 2 beers (and more in the pipeline) on our 30bbl steam brew house for the bars at our new site in the heart of Manchester Piccadilly. This is a great opportunity to get into the detail as it relates to producing 2 skus regularly at volume, and there will be opportunity to tweak recipes as it relates to water profile/grist/hops and fermentation profile as we look for that perfect pint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Lead shifts ensuring work around the brewery is completed safely, efficiently and to the highest possible quality
- Ensure compliance is maintained to our QMS, HACCP plan and to the requirements of our accreditation bodies, current (Organic) and future (SALSA)
- Working with our Breww software for data recording and monitoring
- Review, improve and create SOPs with our Head Brewer and provide relevant training to production team
- Completion of brewery tasks including: Kombucha tea production, wort production, fermentation monitoring, filtration, packaging on our ABE CraftCan 35, CIPs and transfers, QC/QA procedures
- Receiving, sending and recording deliveries and orders following our goods in and out procedures.
- Take responsibility for overall brewery hygiene and organization
- Lead shift meetings and team briefings
- Experience in craft brewing - kombucha and/or beer
- Knowledge of mixed/alternative fermentation
- A relevant qualification in brewing/distilling and/or fermenting - beer or winemaking
- Desire to be the best Kombucha brewer in the UK and a leader in the emerging industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a broad range of colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and constantly evolving working environment
- Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to lead a team of brewing & production assistants
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Leadership and planning skills
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot any booch related issues
Keen to Apply?
**Send CVs addressed to Zach to email@example.com
**Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, sometimes the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on the most relevant. You should hear from us within 2-5 days if your application has been successful.**
Join the Gut Lovin' revolution today!