Kombucha Production Manager
Prior commercial brewing experience and ambition are essential. The Production Manager will be looking to make a splash and become a leader in the emerging kombucha industry. The Production Manager will contribute to our culture of learning and self-development; they will not be afraid to pull on their wellies and get stuck in.
Additionally, working with our Head Brewer, the Production Manager will be heading up our new Diecast project, producing 2 beers (and more in the pipeline) for the bars at our new site in the heart of Manchester Piccadilly.
The Production Manager will be responsible for all brewing duties, day to day production and packaging of our kombucha and other gut friendly soft drinks at the brewery, cleaning & maintenance of the brewing facility and all associated equipment and supplies, and all record-keeping related to the above. On a daily basis the Production Manager will work closely with the Head Brewer with and direct other members of the team, specifically the Brewery & Production Assistants, to ensure all products that leave the facility are of the highest quality and that the brewery is kept clean, functional and up to high standards at all times. The Production Manager is responsible for inventory management, production planning & forecasting and continuous improvement of performance and efficiency of brewery operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Lead on Production planning and forecasting, linking sales data to production output
- Drive continual improvement in the performance and efficiency of brewery operations
- Develop and maintain preventative & accreditation standard maintenance schedules. Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled and support others to do so
- Development of SOPs
- Line management of brewery & production team members
- Oversee training of the team
- Equipment procurement & commissioning
- Design, implement and oversee QC processes including lab work
- Deliver and maintain production accreditations e.g. SALSA, Organic, BRC
- Inventory management, stock control, ordering and inventory counts of finished product, ingredients, raw materials, chemicals, small parts and packaging
- Liaise with clients regarding white label production and NPD
- Assist team with day to day tasks, problems and needs concerning equipment, supplies etc
- Where needed, be able to jump in and help out in production
- Experience in craft brewing - kombucha and/or beer
- A relevant qualification in brewing/distilling and/or fermenting - beer or winemaking
- Advanced knowledge of brewing, fermentation, recipe development
- Desire to be the best Kombucha brewer in the UK and a leader in the emerging industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a broad range of colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Ability to create detailed instructions and procedures, SOPs and follow pre-existing ones
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and constantly evolving working environment
- Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to lead a team of brewing & production assistants
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supplies, equipment, ordering and inventory control
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Leadership and planning skills
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data
- Strong understanding and application of quality assurance systems
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot any booch related issues
Keen to Apply?
**Send CVs addressed to Zach to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, sometimes the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on the most relevant. You should hear from us within 2-5 days if your application has been successful.**
Join the Gut Lovin' revolution today!