Business Development Manager / Chief Hustler
Are you ready to thrive in a growing team working for Manchester’s most innovative health drinks brand, Hip Pop?
Hip Pop® is a multi-award-winning consumer brand with a super loyal audience of raving fans and we're investing heavily in business development, creating an incredible opportunity for someone who is ready to help us accelerate our continued growth!
We have an incredible marketing team to support sales. We do things differently here. We demonstrate our transparency and authenticity by answering potential questions using rich muti-media content so that by the time you talk with prospective clients they’re already aware of the brand and interested. This doesn’t mean you won’t be out there hustling, it just means you will be doing it the smart way.
Hip Pop® has experienced over 100% year-on-year growth since launching in 2019 and we’re based in the heart of Manchester city centre in the new uber-cool Diecast Foodhall which opens its doors to the public in Feb 2023!
Hip Pop is redefining the functional drinks landscape by craft brewing mind-blowingly tasty gut health drinks.
We’re stocked in over 700 independents in the UK and in 31 states across the United States. We’re also stocked in some amazing retailers such as Booths Supermarket and Harrods plus cool workplaces such as Linkedin, WeWork, Google & Microsoft.
Our products include award-winning Kombucha & Living Sodas and we’re working on many more exciting new lines.
Some of our investors and advisors who massively believe in the brand include Juliet Barratt (Founder of Grenade Healthy Snacks), David Morris (Former Tesco CEO) and one of the founding members of Innocent Drinks.
We have an ace supportive team here to help you but this isn’t a passive role where you rely on direction from others. You need to be “THE DRIVER” and a leader in this department and passionate about opening doors and growing the business. Your attitude and values are the most important aspect of joining our growing team so here are some of the characteristics you will need:
- You’re passionately curious
- You communicate freely and openly
- You live for innovation
- You get sh*t done
- You have your team members' backs
- You’re ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- Be the BDM for all channels but mainly focusing on wholesale and food service
- Be the all-important ‘eyes and ears’ within each channel identifying new opportunities
- Work with the marketing and production team to strategically plan how to grow existing customers and activate new listings
- Help support at tastings, trade shows and other events throughout the calendar
You will be supported with a handover in a fast-track induction with the CEO giving you a great platform to learn but you’ll also need the following experience/aspirations to be able to hit the ground running in this role:
- Have FMCG experience and connections. We already have some good accounts but we’re looking to expand into new accounts beyond these
- Be a classic ‘Go-Getter’ in FMCG, ready for an opportunity to prove yourself in a fast-paced role
- Have entrepreneurial drive, someone who enjoys being passionate about their work, growing their connections and achieving goals
- Be strong with face-to-face interaction, relationship building and knowing the steps to the negotiation dance
- Be a strategic thinker and problem solver with a can-do attitude and the ability to work around problems
- Competitive starting salary with regular reviews
- Fuel card (UK travel expected)
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Upskilling - show us a course you or your team are interested in and we’ll likely get you on it
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Unlimited kombucha
- Wellness benefit – free workout, mindfulness and yoga sessions
**Please note that while we will try to respond to all applications, sometimes the sheer volume of responses means we can only focus on the most relevant. You should hear from us within 2-5 days if your application has been successful.**
Join the Gut Lovin' revolution today!